- USB 1.1 – One of the very first versions of USB, which is also called the “full speed USB” with a maximum transfer rate of 128 Mbps.
- USB 2.0 – One of the popular versions amongst versions of USBs is the USB 2.0 which is also known as the “high-speed USB” with a transfer rate of 480 Mbps.
- USB 3.0 – The recent version of USB, which is also called “SuperSpeed USB” with a maximum transfer rate of 5 Gbps or 5,120 Mbps.
- USB 3.1 – The latest version of USB, which is also known as “SuperSpeed +” that is designed with a transfer rate of 10 Gbps or 10,240 Mbps – ten times faster than the first version.
Similar to the aforementioned USB connectors, the following have different versions too; these include:
- USB Type-A – A standard USB connector with its plugs and receptacles that are in rectangular in shape, which is compatible with USB 1.1 Type A, USB 2.0 Type A, and USB 3.0 Type A.
- USB Type-B – Another standard USB connector with its plugs and receptacles that are square in shape and designed with an extra notch on the top. These types of connectors are compatible with USB 1.1, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0 with Standard-B plugs.
- USB Type-C – The latest type of USB connector that replaces the standard connectors. It is designed reversible, which allows you to connect the USB either side to a Type-C compatible port.
The USB 3.1 and the Type-C connection comes hand-in-hand; which makes every data file transfer, save, and access faster and easier.
The USB 3.1 performs faster than its previous versions including the USB 3.0; with its transfer speed up to 10 Gbps and Type-C’s connectivity, everything becomes more interesting – fast and secured data reading, processing, and transferring.
However, what is the difference between USB 3.1 and Type-C connectors? Aren’t they the same?
One of the common confusing parts in the world of IT is the difference between USB 3.1 and the Type-C connectors; while the two devices perform exceptionally and hand-in-hand, the two devices are different. However, both connectors are designed to optimize signal integrity and speed when transferring data or files from a USB 3.1 Type-C compatible source to another compatible port.
Where to buy a reliable and the best USB 3.1 Type-C USB connector?
If you are currently looking to buy a couple of USB 3.1 and Type-C USB connectors, you can see more here: https://www.cfgear.com/usb-3-1-type-c-usb-flash-drives.html; there are a lot of great options to choose from.
At CFgear, you can buy a bulk of USB 3.1 Type-C connector; plus, all made from quality materials, which can endure the demands of your work that is related to IT and connection.
USB 3.1 Type-C USB connector is a result of the evolution of today’s technology; it can transfer, read, and process data fast and easy. However, if you are planning to change your current connectors, make sure that you are buying connectors that are compatible with your current and modern devices.